My daughters are big fans of Mac & Cheese, they would never miss to order Mac & Cheese if we dine at any Cafe or Restaurant that serve Western food. And, they have been asking me to make one for them!
Just about 2 weeks ago, I found this recipe and decided to give it a try, as usual, I like to alter the recipe a bit to add in some healthy bits, this time I added the corn kernels from one whole ear of fresh organic corn.
- 1000 g Water
- 250 g Macaroni
- 250 g Milk
- 20 g Butter
- 20 g Water
- 25 g Plain Flour
- 50 g Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Organic Corn
- 1 Sausage, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 pinches Ground Black Pepper
- 75 g Mozerella/ Cheddar Cheese
- Place water to boil then add in macaroni to cook (follow cooking time on the package).
- Drain macaroni well into a bowl, add in corn kernels, sausage pieces and some oil. Mix well and set aside.
- Place flour, butter, milk, salt and pepper into a clean pot, cook for 7 mins. Keep stirring.
- Add in cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Pour the cheese mixture onto macaroni and mix well.
- Sprinkle mozerella/ cheddar cheese followed by breadcrumbs on top.
- Grill in a preheated oven ( 250 degree C ) for 10 – 12 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.