I started making my own Vegetable Stock more than 2 years ago and I would say I just love it! By adding only 1 teaspoon of the Vegetable stock to my pot of simple porridge or clear soup would just make wonder…
I adopted this recipe from Thermomix The Basic Cookbook, but I will share with you how you can prepare this on your stove.
200g celery stalks and leaves, chopped into pieces
250g carrots, chopped into pieces
100g onion, peeled and halved
100g tomato, chopped into pieces
150g zucchini, chopped into pieces
3 garlic cloves, peeled
2 sprigs fresh basil
1 tsp ground coriander, 1 bay leaf
60g fresh mushroom (I am used organic shitake mushroom)
120g Himalayan rock salt
30g dry white wine
1 tbsp olive oil
50g Parmesan cheese
- Add olive oil to a large steel pot with lid.
- Add all the chopped ingredients to the pot.
- Add salt and stir through for a minute or so that the vegetables start to release their juices.
- Cook on a low heat for 45-50 mins with the lid on but slightly ajar. Your veges should be relatively juiceless at the end of the cooking time. If not take the lid off and give it a few more minutes. Stir from time to time.
- Add in Parmesan cheese and mix well (omit the cheese if you are on a dairy-free diet)
- Allow to cool slightly and blend to smooth consistency using a food processor.
- Store in a glass jar, keep in the fridge and use when needed.
1 heaped tsp stock paste is roughly equivalent to 1 shop-bought stock cube for 0.5 liter.
It is best to be consumed within 4 months.