My two little girls never wanted to take Asparagus, until I make it into this creamy and yummy soup. This is a great way to feed them a whole load of vegetables without a big fuss 🙂 It is a fantastically simple asparagus soup, pureéd till it’s silky smooth, deliciously taken hot.
I adopted this recipe from Thermomix The Basic Cookbook, but I will share with you how you can prepare this on your stove.
- 400g asparagus, woody part discarded, cut into pieces (4cm)
- 50g onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 stick celery, cut into pieces
- 100g potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 20 g olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1-2 tsp Himalayan Rock Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 50g spreadable cheese
- 80 g milk
- 700 g water
- In a large saucepan, combine asparagus, chopped onion, celery, potatoes and 100g water. Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer uncovered until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Process the mixture in a blender to puree the vegetables. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan, heat up the olive oil over medium-low heat. Stir in the garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Add in the remaining water, and increase the heat to medium. Cook, stirring constantly until the mixture boils. Stir in the asparagus puree, spreadable cheese and milk.
- Serve immediately.